Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Ride Again!

Actually, I've been riding for a little bit now, I've just been too lazy to blog about it. For the past couple of weeks Robin has been swamped with her web work and her last month at the art gallery. So a couple days each week I've gotten Steen out for some relaxing walk/trot rides. Just to keep us both in shape.

The first ride was in one of the big pastures. We cruised, we followed the fence, we did lots of figure eights, and even worked on riding from one point to another. All great stuff for both Steen and me. The other rides involved mostly the same kind of things, but we worked in the outdoor arena instead.

Some days have been better than others, but on the whole it has been positive. It has also forced me to work on a few things that I've never tried. Like posting. Thankfully the barn was empty while I flopped around during Steen's rougher trotting moments. But sometimes I got into a decent rhythm. It is something I will definitely keep working on.

These rides should continue over the next few weeks. And after that we have a big trip to Europe. Once we return I should be ready to get back to horse shopping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment